Have you recommended a client eat more turmeric in their diet to have them ask how they can achieve this?
Turmeric supplements are popular, but there is some evidence that indicates including turmeric as a spice in the diet has a holistic benefit to health & wellbeing.
This 4-page PDF handout explains:
- What 'Turmeric' is and a little bit of history
- What the difference is between powdered and fresh turmeric
- How to use turmeric in everyday meals and how this can benefit over simple supplementation in a caspule/tablet.
- A couple of turmeric-tips for boosting availability/absorption (i.e. Black pepper & dietary fat)
- Some suggestions for how to 'pair' turmeric with other spices and how this could be done when added to things like hot chocolates, egg dishes, salad and vegetable dressing etc.
- A brief summary on the health benefits of turmeric
- Recipes to demonstrate a few different ways turmeric can be used in cooking:
- Golden Mylk Recipe
- Turmeric Golden Pumpkin Curry
- Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
- Tahini & Turmeric Roast Vegie Dressing
- Spiced Carrot Soup
Murray, M. & Pizzorno, J. (2005). The Encyclopaedia of Healing Foods