What is one thing we can do to support our clients who are taking the oral contraceptive pill?
We know that this medication, especially when taking long-term, can have negetive impact on nutritional status. This handout aims to educate clients on these implications and to help support these clients by boosting intake of these depleted nutrients through their diet.
This 5-page handout includes:
- An overview of those nutrients that may be depleted when taking the OCP
- A short summary of how the OCP may impact gut and liver health and function
- Other simple lifestyle changes to support these negative side-effects
- A list of foods rich in required nutrients
- Daily menu suggestions
- 4 quick and simple recipes rich in these foods and nutrients